Libdar, the library that powers the dar command-line tool as well as several other softwares has its own documentation. All features available from dar are available thanks to libdar's API which is fully documented, including samples and tutorial.
The API exists today for C++ and Python3 languages.
- The API tutorial for C++ programming
- Dar command-line source code for API usage illustration
- The libdar's python binding tutorial based on examples of use. It follows steps of the C++ API Tutorial but using the equivalent Python classes.
- The API reference documentation can be referred to by both C++ and Python developpers.
- The libdar-api mailing-list if you want support on the API or Python binding usage.